Monday

about me

Hi,
My name is Zrinka, and this is first real time I am creating a blog. I tried to have one when I was in high school, just because it was a fashion to have one. Never really did anything to it, cant even remember what was my username. So this is first "about me" post ever done, and I guess I should start.
I come from Croatia, for me the loveliest country on the world, situated on the Mediterranean sea, not as popular as Greece, but sharing the same beauty and landscape. However, Croatia has much more variety, beautiful coast, pretty mountains that were inspiration for many Croatian writers (some of them wrote even in Gothic style), golden valleys, swampy fertile ares, numerous lakes and waterfalls..oh, I could just go on and on bragging. 
Besides bragging about my awesome country (which is part of my project - "get more tourists in it" ), I love to swim and am a part of a TCU swim team. Actually that is also a reason why I am studying at TCU. Being a junior with nutrition major with psychology minor, and even thought nutrition is pretty exciting, I don't like standing over the stove and cooking, but i love to eat. Chocolate is something essential in my diet, and I wouldn't be surprised becoming a diabetic later on in my life. I have older brother who is studying back in Croatia, and younger sister that will be going to the University of Arkansas as of this December.
I love blood and gore, I love Stephen King. i wish i could have more time to read, but a good movie is worth spending those pathetic 2,3 hours of my free time. Also, artist that holds special place in my mind is Tim Burton in whose work i am in love with. one of the best short videos of what Tim Burton's style is like and style that i love is "Vincent", with Vincent Price as a narrator : Tim Burton's Vincent
If Gothic literature, or what we are going to be encountered with, is anything close to Stephen King's or Tim Burton's style, than I will most definitely like it and enjoy it. That is how much I know about the Gothic literature, knowledge based on pure expectation only. However, if I am wrong, and there is more to it, I am interested to see what is it all about.

1 comment:

  1. I love your web-page, and I would LOVE to go to Crotia some time and see the Mediterranean. I went to Israel, Egypt, and Jordan years ago, and got to swim in the Mediterranean, but I would love to go back with my kids. I'm glad to have you in my class.

    ReplyDelete